[gmx-users] source

Choon Peng cpchng at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Nov 22 03:39:48 CET 2004

Hi Bo Yang,

  I think what Oli meant is that the source directory (what you get after
you unpack the file download from GROMACS website) contains C programs that
you compile when you run 'make'. The generated executables are stored under
the source directory and copied to the destination (usually
/usr/local/gromacs) when you run 'make install'.

You can specify the destination using "--prefix=/usr/local/gromacs",
though I would expect that to be the default location.
Usually we separate source directories and installed software directories,
which contains the compiled codes and libraries.

regards,
Choon-Peng

--
Mr Choon-Peng CHNG