[gmx-users] genion deletion edges

dsh2002 at med.cornell.edu dsh2002 at med.cornell.edu
Mon Nov 22 19:02:02 CET 2004

Yes, genion puts it back into the box, but it deletes any atom that
protrudes out of the box. (which I guess is necessary for the periodic
boundary calculations?)
So my question now is, how far can the edge of the box be from the
molecules in the system?  I believe in principle one would like to put the
edges of the box as close as possible, but b/c my lipid bilayer has lipids
that are not exactly normal to the axes and protrude out, I have to make a
larger box that encloses the whole lipid.  So the result is empty areas on
the edges of the bilayer?

danny.

Message: 8