[gmx-users] salt bridge on protein surface

Maarten Wolf maarten_wolf at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 08:03:38 CET 2004

Hello,

I am doing md simulations on a small peptide in water.
These calculations result in a consistent salt bridge on the surface of the protein.
I find this strange, because I allways thought that salt-bridges on the surface are easily solvated, and thus broken.
Is this assumption wrong? Or is this force field related? Or something else?

Thanks for any help in advance

MvG Maarten

**  Work Adress         Julianalaan 136             **
**                      2628 BL Delft               **
**                      Netherlands                 **
**                      +31(0)15-2789382            **