[gmx-users] Negative arginine?

Steven Spronk spronk at its.caltech.edu
Tue Nov 30 02:09:58 CET 2004

What I'm wondering, though: is it at all reasonable to keep all the atoms
there--just change the charges in the molecular topology file so that the
charge group on the side chain now has a total charge of -1 instead of +1?
All the bonding terms and the LJ terms would remain the same; only the
electrostatic interations would change.

Has this sort of thing been done before, for arginine or any other charge
system?