[gmx-users] protein in a crystal

Daan van Aalten vdava at davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Nov 30 10:32:57 CET 2004

Hi Anton

This is true, but consider the alternative - simulating the unit cell
rather than the asymmetric unit could allow significant conformational
differences between molecules that (on average!) have *exactly* the same
conformation in the crystal.
I also wouldn;t know what the best approach would be to the asymmetric
unit/unit cell size as pressure coupling could easily screw up the
crystal packing.

Daan