[gmx-users] dssp problem

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Tue Oct 5 15:26:12 CEST 2004

smith wrote:

> dear users and feenstra,
>
> The ddspcmbi exe is produced after compiling ./dsspcmbigcc for linux nad it works fine for one pdb file.
> ./dsspcmbi pdbsourcefile outputfilename
>
> But when I use the command do_dssp it does not produce a output still. dont know why.I have a set the environment variable as
> setenv DSSP /usr/local/bin/dsspcmbi

 From your explanation, it appears your dsspcmbi binary may be found at:
/usr/local/bin/dsspcmbi/dsspcmbi so you may need to set
# setenv DSSP /usr/local/bin/dsspcmbi/dsspcmbi
in order for do_dssp to work. Otherwise, you may need to check the output
messages of do_dssp, it may print the exact command line it uses for dssp,
so you may look if options match those of your dsspcmbi version. If not,
you may modify the do_dssp code to fix it (or ask someone to do that).

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |