[gmx-users] MD continuation

Xavier Periole x.periole at chem.rug.nl
Fri Oct 8 12:15:21 CEST 2004

Ruben M Buey wrote:

> Does it make sense to simulate the GDP-bound state of a protein
> starting from the equilibrated structure of a MD simulaton of the
> GTP-bound state.
> I mean, I have the structure of the GTP form but I do not have the
> GDP-bound structure.

It makes sense of course but the result is unknown. If you do not have
any control on the
final structure of the GDP simulation (or mutant simulation) you will
face the problem of
what is relevant in the changes (if any) happening during the GDP
simulation.

One thing you can do is collect as much as possible information
conserning the GDP form
of your protein and compare your simulation to this data.

Marco Ceruso and myself did some nice work on GDP/GTP conformations
changes in
transducin. Check the paper :
"Molecular dynamics simulations of transducin: interdomain and front to
back
communication in activation and nucleotide exchange."
J Mol Biol. 2004 Apr 30;338(3):469-81.

Hope it'll help.
XAvier

   Xavier Periole - Ph.D.

   Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry / MD Group
   Univ. of Groningen
   Nijenborgh 4
   9747 AG Groningen
   The Netherlands