[gmx-users] Parameters for PB calculation with Delphi from Gromacsdata

sameer varma varma1 at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 12 01:25:12 CEST 2004

Hi Marc,

I think it makes complete sense. In my opinion, the choice of all
parameters in PB based calculations, for example - FFs, dielectric
constants, boundary conditions, methods to represent ions and even grid
spacing, depend on how you address the following issues:
1) What is the purpose of your calculation?
2) How accurate a result are you interested in?
3) How, and for what purpose were the FF parameters optimized?

Having said that, in some cases I have found it very useful to investigate
the effect of some parameters on the results. It helps in identifying the
roots of ambiguities, if any, that come up in in this comparative study.

Sameer.