[gmx-users] Energy min problem

Xavier Periole x.periole at chem.rug.nl
Thu Oct 14 09:55:06 CEST 2004

Sean Cory wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am running energy minimalization on a protein in water. This protein has
>protonated GLU amino acids (GLUH added with -GLU option)
>
>When I try to minimize the system, it seems fine at first, but eventually the
>H+ atom begins to move towards the OY atom in the GLU creating huge forces
>dut to the very short distances.

There is no OY atom in a GLUH or any other residue !!!
An idea: you can choose the Oxygen atom you want to put the hydrogen on.
Just change its name in the pdb file you give to pdb2gmx.

Hope it helps
XAvier

   Xavier Periole - Ph.D.

   Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry / MD Group
   Univ. of Groningen
   Nijenborgh 4
   9747 AG Groningen
   The Netherlands