[gmx-users] 'hydration energy'

david.evans at ulsop.ac.uk david.evans at ulsop.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 11:50:22 CEST 2004

Hi,

Could you spell out exactly how you calculated the -6000 kJ/mol
figure?
The extra proton will interact with the rest of the protein, as well
as with the water, but this doesn't contribute
directly to the hydration energy, because this interaction is also
present in the (hypothetical) unhydrated protein.
It may be that you've taken this  into account, but it's not clear
from your message.

Dave

--

Dr David Evans