[gmx-users] Bulk waters placed inside protein core

Choon Peng cpchng at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Fri Oct 15 16:05:20 CEST 2004

Hi Daan,

  Thank you for the reply.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I've kept the crystal waters.
I used to delete them with I first started doing MD but later realized
their importance.

Actually, we wish to investigate whether the buried waters escape from the
protein and whether bulk waters enter the protein.
So, it is important for accurate placement of bulk waters before
simulation.

>From what I can understand, genbox removes water molecules that overlap
with protein atoms. So, for a protein with a large hydrophobic cavity,
will added water molecules remain undeleted and expected to escape with
time?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Choon-Peng