[gmx-users] timestep for CG simulation

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Tue Oct 19 17:41:16 CEST 2004

Ashish Gupta wrote:
>  The suggested value of the timestep is 0.05 ps. With this value of timestep the simulation
> seem to be running fine for some steps (some thousands of steps) and then I get segmentation
> fault error. Why is this so ?  Also if I reduce the timestep to 0.005 ps
> then the simulations run fine.

Your starting structure is probably allright (since you can run 1000's of
steps). Were there any error/warning messages before the crash? Have you
looked at changes in the energies and/or the structure? You could try to
re-start short before the crash, write out more frames (lower nstxtcout)
and look at them.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |