[gmx-users] grompp and restart velocities

Lars Schaefer Lars.Schaefer at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Wed Oct 20 13:46:39 CEST 2004

for example, the T-coupling lambdas are read from the edr file. Have a
look at chapter 3.4.5 in the manual.

acorrea at unisa.it wrote:

> Hallo Lars,
> and Hallo at all,
> Thank you for you answer but I have some problems again.....
>

>>I think it's needed for the p- and T-coupling.
>

> Please, I do not understand why for p- and T-coupling an energy file is request
> and the velocities is not enough....
>
> Cheers, Andrea
>

>>Cheers, Lars
>>
>>acorrea at unisa.it wrote:
>>

>>>Hallo
>>>when I preform my sampling simulation, after equilibration, I use the
>>
>>option -t
>>
>>>traj.trr of grompp. I readed on the manual (Version 3.2 page 294)
>>>
>>>"An energy file can be supplied with -e to have exact restarts when using
>>>pressure and/or temperature coupling."
>>>
>>>Please, I do not understend why  an energy file is request to have exact
>>
>>restarts.
>>
>>>I thinked that just the old velocities are request in a sampling
>>
>>simulations...
>>
>>>I'm confuse
>>>
>>>Please, could somebody help me? Thank you very much
>>>andrea

>>Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>>www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.

Lars Schäfer
MPI for biophysical Chemistry
Theoretical and computational Biophysics group
Department 070
Am Fassberg 11, D-37077 Goettingen
Tel: 0049 551 201-2305, Fax: 0049 551 201-2302
E-Mail: Lars.Schaefer at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Home: http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~lschaef2/homepage.html