[gmx-users] Any success with gmx on a (Itanium) SGI Altix?

Jesús Salgado Benito jesus.salgado at uv.es
Thu Sep 2 19:46:24 CEST 2004

I plan to build Gromacs 3.2 on a Itanium2-based SGI-Altix system and try to
get ready for the problems I may encounter. I have searched the mailing list,
but found very few entries related to this: Just an e-mail from Malcolm
Tobias reporting some problems and a short reply by Erik with some advice.
Since this was some time ago, there may have been some developments on the
issue.

Can anyone provide some update (perhaps Malcolm) on the compilation of Gromacs
in the Altix system?
If there is a successful history, could I get some hints about the proper
steps to make and Flags to use?
Are there data on the performance of this system for Gromacs?

Thanks a lot,

Jesús Salgado
--
Universitat de Valencia, Dept. Bioquímica i Biol. Mol.
Dr. Moliner, 50, 46100 Burjassot (Valencia)