[gmx-users] ED analysis

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 14:54:46 CEST 2004

If almost no motion can be observed, as Ruben reported,
it does not mean a curved trajectory.
Random diffusion in a few dimensions produces a half and
a full cosine as first two principal components:
p1(t) = A cos(pi t/t_total)
p2(t) = A/2 cos(2 pi t/t_total)
Together these give the "pretty semi-circumference shape".