[gmx-users] Opteron: compile with 32-bit SSE

Amadeu Sum akwsum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 22:26:24 CEST 2004

I would like to ask the help from those who are using Gromacs in the
Opteron system.

I have read many of the posting related to the performance issue and
it seems that Gromacs compiled in 32-bit with SSE works better in the
Opteron.  Can anyone point out what are the options/flags they are
using to get Gromacs to compile in an Opteron system in 32-bit with
SSE? I can get it to compile in 32-bit, but I have been unable to get
SSE. I am specifying:
CPFLAGS = -O6 -fomit -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -Wall
-Who-unused -malign-double -funroll-all-loops -m32 -msse -msse2
-mfpmath=sse

I have also tried explicitly specifying "--enable-x86-asm" and
"--disable-cpu-optimization" in configure, but that has not helped.

I am using gcc v3.2.3

Thanks in advance,

                         Amadeu