[gmx-users] help with creating membrane

Milan Melichercik melicher at cray.dbp.fmph.uniba.sk
Tue Sep 14 16:01:04 CEST 2004

Hi all
I have to create a lipid membrane but I have this problem. I have bilayer of
lipids with something bigger 'area per lipid' parameter cause I want to
laterally compress them. But these lipids are just settled by genconf
program. I've tried to make the sd energy minimisation but when I used
periodic boundaries, the membrane exploded (or something like that), and if I
not, whole membrane collapsed into a sphere. So if somebody has any
experiences with constructing membranes, I will be pleased if he/she will
share them. Especially I will be pleased by example .mdp files.
Thanks

Milan