[gmx-users] Reasonable rcoulomb for "cut-off" method?

Sekwan Oh ohsk75 at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 27 08:56:18 CEST 2004

Dear gmx-users,

My system is couple of ionized polypeptides tethered on the surface.
Currently, I'm interested in electrostatic interaction among the
polypeptides.
I've put counterions to make the net charge of the system neutral.
However I'm not sure how long "rcoulomb" I should set..
Since these molecules might interacting each other electrostatically when
set to be close to among others.
What would be the reasonable length of "rcoulomb" when "cut-off" coulomb
type is used in solvent (waters and some counter ions)?

Thanks,

Sekwan