[gmx-users] (no subject)

Maarten Wolf maarten_wolf at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 15:08:12 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have calculated a 10 ns trajectory of a small protein dissolved in SPC water. Now I am interested in all the hydrogen bonds between the different residues inside the protein. I have tried to use g_hbond to calculate this, but I am only able to calculate the number of hydrogen bonds.
If I use the contact map option -hbm I get a segmentation fault. If I try to print the hydrogen bond triplets in an index file, it writes only the possible donors and acceptors, but not the actual donor-acceptor pairs formed in the system. I used Gromacs version 3.2.1.

Does anybody know another way to map the hydrogen bonds formed within the protein? Does anybody know or has suggestions why the two methods I tried do not work?

Thanks in advance,
Maarten Wolf