[gmx-users] pbc

Nuno R. L. Ferreira nunolf at ci.uc.pt
Tue Apr 5 19:24:01 CEST 2005

If you remove the pbc = xyz variable in the mdp, the run will be *exactly* the same. Because the default value for gmx is pbc = xyz.

Ah! And having the protein centered in the box, is a pos-production cosmetic effect, performed by trjconv and a combination of flags -pbc, -ur , -center. Though some MD programs do it automatically while performing the runs.

Regards
Nuno