[gmx-users] g_covar for many large runs

T.A.Wassenaar T.A.Wassenaar at rug.nl
Wed Apr 6 14:20:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

Actually, g_covar writes out the covariance matrix in xpm
format with the option -xpm. You would have to get/write a
script that is able to average these .xpm files. 'convert'
from the ImageMagick suite can do this. You can output the
average again to xpm (I think) or use an image format such
as ppm. Then you'd have to diagonalize the resulting
matrix to obtain the eigenvectors and -values. For this
you could use matlab, though I don't know whether it can
read .ppm or other image formats.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk