[gmx-users] RE: Converting from AMBER to GROMACS

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Tue Apr 19 12:59:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

Right, but both the .pdb and .gro formats are almost trivial. You can
easily write a perl tool to convert between them.

My point was just that the main use of pdb2gmx is to create the Gromacs
*topology* from some coordinates, and these coordinates can be a .gro
file with velocities if you want to avoid entering them yourself after
starting from a pdb file. This way pdb2gmx will take care of all the
reordering for you.

Cheers,

Erik