[gmx-users] simulating ligands attached to a surface...?

T.A.Wassenaar T.A.Wassenaar at rug.nl
Thu Apr 21 21:04:46 CEST 2005

Hi Daniel,

What you want is well possible. In the topology file for
the ligand (ligand.itp) add a something like:

[ position_restraint ]
    1    1000    0    0

Here, the first number is an atom identifier,
corresponding to an atom under [ atoms ] and the number
are the force constants for the restraints in the x, y and
z direction. The directions in which it should move freely
should be set to 0, obviously. Also check the manual (in
case i misspelled something).

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk