[gmx-users] ligands bound to a surface

Daniel Rigden drigden at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 13:02:59 CEST 2005

Hi again

Thanks, I now see that it will be possible to simulate the attachment of the ligands to the surface
by contraining the x-coordinate (for example) of the bound atom.  However, there's another
potential issue I just thought of.

The ends of the ligands are away from the surface, exposed to solvent.  The system would
therefore be put in a solvent box. But the solvent should not be allowed to reappear at the
surface side of the box, x=0, when it leaves the box at x=box length.  Is it possible to
turn off this behavious selectively for one face of the box?  Or what I have to include an
explicit surface to prevent this happening?  Could I simply place a 2D array of atoms at
x=0 and fix their positions using big position_restraint values?  That doesn't seem very elegant.

Thanks again for your help

Daniel