[gmx-users] Re: lipid.itp question

Justin MacCallum jlmaccal at ucalgary.ca
Wed Apr 27 17:06:53 CEST 2005

> I'm trying to understand how the nonbonded parameters for lipid-GROMOS
> interactions in lipid.itp are derived. The lipid-lipid interactions
> just
> follow the combination rule, but the lipid-GROMOS interaction
> parameters
> seem to be scaled in some way. Could anyone let me know how the
> parameters
> were derived, or point me to a reference?

Hi Jee,

I believe the combination rules assign a GROMOS atom type to the lipid
types for lipid-GROMOS interactions. That is, a lipid may be type LP2
for lipid-lipid interactions, but it is treated as a GROMOS CH2 group
for the interaction between lipids and protein.

Justin
Justin MacCallum
PhD Student
Departement of Biological Sciences