[gmx-users] Could md rerun regenerate corresponding .edr file??

sunita at chem.iitb.ac.in sunita at chem.iitb.ac.in
Mon Aug 1 17:04:14 CEST 2005

Dear David,

Both nstxout and nstenergy are specified for the same number of steps
i.e.250 and integration time is 2 fs. Lets not worry about this.

I performed md rerun in the following way.

mdrun -v -s old.tpr -rerun old.trr -e new.edr -o -c -g

Is this the correct procedure?

I have calculated the kinetic energy, potential energy and temperature of
the system from the new.edr file and compare these values with the
corresponding files generated from existing old.edr file. There is a big
differences in kinetic energy and temperature. Instead of 300 K
temperature, I am getting 2.8 K. Similarly there is a large difference in
kinetic energy. But the potential energy is coming exactly same.

Is it because the new.edr file loosing the velocity term?

If I want the exact values of temerature and kinetic energy which
procedure I should follow to get the new.edr file and how?

Thanks for your response and appreciation.
Best regards,
sunita