[gmx-users] compiling gromacs on powerpc64

Nathan Moore nmoore at physics.umn.edu
Wed Aug 3 13:30:47 CEST 2005

Martin,

I've been able to compile Gromacs on PowerPC64 systems in the past with
normal functionality, but I'm wary of the -O5 flag you included.  Have you
tried installing a vanilla version?  Here's the configure script I used a
few months ago which worked,

./configure \
        --prefix="/bglhome/usr2/ntmoore/GROMACS/bin/bglfen3.double" \
        --disable-float \
        F77='f77' \
        CC='xlc' \
        CXX='xlC' \
        CFLAGS="-g -O2
-I/bglhome/usr2/ntmoore/lib/fftw-double-bglfen3/include/" \
        CPPFALGS="-I/bglhome/usr2/ntmoore/lib/fftw-double-bglfen3/include/"\
        LIBS="-L/bglhome/usr2/ntmoore/lib/fftw-double-bglfen3/lib/"\
        LDFLAGS="-lfftw -lrfftw"\
        --disable-fftw \
        --without-xml \
        --without-x