[gmx-users] GROMACS with SGI native compliers

Ken Rotondi ksr at chemistry.umass.edu
Thu Aug 4 15:18:51 CEST 2005

Hello All,

We've been successfully running GROMACS on an SGI supercomputer using
the gcc complier. However, we'd really like to realize the speed
increases that should be possible using the MIPSpro 7.4 IRIX native
compliers.

This what we're running on:

SGI Origin 3800, 128 processor R14000 500 MHz
SGI Message Passing Toolkit 1.6 (this is SGI's tuned MPI libraries)
FFTW version 2.1.3 (single-precision, shared libraries, MPI-enabled)
GCC 3.3 (SGI supplied) and SGI MIPSpro 7.4 compilers
Latest GROMACS config flags: --enable-shared --enable-mpi CC=gcc
CFLAGS=-L/usr/lib32 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib

I'd love to hear from anyone who's running GROMACS on a similar
system... especially the kind individual at SGI that offered to help
the last time I posted w/SGI issues, whose e-mail I've apparently
misplaced/lost.

thanks in advance,

Ken

K.S. Rotondi Ph.D.