[gmx-users] GROMACS with SGI native compliers

Nathan Moore nmoore at physics.umn.edu
Thu Aug 4 17:44:51 CEST 2005

With best intentions, I'd suggest you start by reading the Man pages for
the SGI IRIX compiler that's installed on your Origin.  These man pages
generally have the best description of how to compile a binary for a
specific MIPS processor (I think optimization goes all the way down to the
chipset - ie not all R12k processors are optimized with the same flag).

Also, if you're doing a bunch of PME stuff you might want to either (1)
replace FFTW with the SGI-specific LAPACK routine (I think has name
similar to "complib.sgimath" or else (2) talk to the FFTW developers to
see if there's a version of FFTW that's optimized for your R14k
architecture.

regards,

NT