[gmx-users] kernel-stamp

Rainer Böckmann rainer at bioinformatik.uni-saarland.de
Thu Aug 4 22:40:01 CEST 2005

Dear David,

thanks a lot - with gnu make it is indeed possible to compile mdrun on the IBM
SP. Additionally, one has to add one line to the makefile in the
src/gmxlib/nonbonded/nb_kernel directory as Patricia pointed out to me:

kernel-stamp:                   mknb Makefile
<<
touch kernel-stamp

                                $(RM) kernel-stamp
                                ./mknb $(MKNB_FLAGS)

Cheers,
rainer

Quoting David <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>:

> On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 17:38 +0200, Rainer Böckmann wrote:
> > Dear All:
> >
> > is there a solution around to the "kernel-stamp" problem? I experienced
> > the same problem compiling the cvs version on an IBM as Patricia a few
> > days ago (no problems on dual-xeons or dual-opterons)
>
> maybe you want to try using gnu make?
> The Makefile in the directory tells you what's going on
> >
> > <<
> > Making all in nb_kernel
> >         kernel-stamp
> > /bin/sh: kernel-stamp:  not found.
> > make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 127.
> >  >>

> > Thanks!
> > Rainer
> >
> --
> David.

Dr. Rainer Böckmann
Theoretical & Computational Membrane Biology
Center for Bioinformatics Saar
Universität des Saarlandes
Gebäude 17.1, EG
D-66041 Saarbrücken, Germany
Phone: ++49 +681 302-64169  FAX: ++49 +681 302-64180
E-Mail: rainer at bioinformatik.uni-saarland.de
http://www.bioinf.uni-sb.de/RB/