[gmx-users] introducing a molecule into a bilayer

Ramachandra Rao Gullapalli rrg142 at psu.edu
Mon Aug 8 17:21:02 CEST 2005

Dear GMX ers
I have a question for which i have tried in vain to find an answer in the
archives. I am running a bilayer simulation, and i would like to introduce a
lipid like molecule into the bilayer. I have made the .itp file for this
molecule, and i have the bilayer from Dr Tieleman s website including the pdb
file.
Can anyone give me pointers on how to go about this? There was an old message in
archives which says that i should grow the molecule into the bilayer. I am not
quite sure what it means.

Also, can i remove one lipid molecule from the bilayer, and introduce the
molecule? im not sure how i would go about the coordinates though.

I sincerely look forward to receving a reply from the group.
Thanks for your time
Rama

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing...
-Einstein