[gmx-users] topology for protein-surface amide bond

Jon jon.ellis at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 17 16:36:02 CEST 2005

Dear GMX-users

I want to make an explicit amide bond between a lysine-group amine on a
protein and a -COOH head on an alkyl surface. I have separate topologies
and equilibration trajectories for both the protein and the surface.
I've identified the alkyl chain I want to bind to and oriented the
protein so the amine is the correct distance from the COOH. I removed
the amine hydrogens from the protein and the OH from the carboxylic acid
in the .gro file.

What is a good way to combine the topologies to include the explicit
bond? Can I just combine two .itp files in a singles topology? If so how
do I make the explicit bind and what atom numbers do I use? Or should I
just renumber either the protein or the alkyl surface topology, and then
combine the two in one big .top file?

Or am I completely missing something, and does somebody have a better
suggestion?

Cheers
Jon

--