[gmx-users] Differences beetween .g96 and .gro files??

Kai Zhuang kai.zhuang at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:53:23 CEST 2005

GROMOS96 is the force field.  it describe how atoms interact with each
other and such information.

.g96 .gro .pdb are ways of recording a particular system at a
particular time.  so essential, you can output anyone of the three, as
long as the forcefield is the same (and take away the random factor),
you should get the same system when you look at it with a
visualization software.

On 8/18/05, Leonardo Sepulveda Durán <leonardosepulveda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!!!
>
> I am Using GROMACS3.2.1. In pdb2gmx I use GROMOS96  [G43a1, option 0].
> I usually use .gro extentions for my files. Is the same as using
> .g96??? If not, which is the differece???
>
> Leonardo

Confidentiality Notice:
If you are not the intended receipient of this email, please do not
disclose its information
and notify the sender immediantely.  Failure to comply may result in
legal actions.

Kai Zhuang
BioMedical Engineering @ University of Toronto
kai dot zhuang at gmail dot com