[gmx-users] Extracting frames in readable format from .trr files

leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 03:53:06 CEST 2005

hi,

trjconv will fit for this use rather well. A recent
post has a solution for this. This is my edition.

#!/bin/bash
interval=10  # set this to your dt*nstxtcout, in ps.
frame=1000   # frame no.

c=0
time=0
while [$c -lt $frame]; do
   trjconv -sep -b $time -e ${time}+${interval} -f
trjc.xtc -o ${c}.pdb
   let c=c+1
   let time=time+interval
done