[gmx-users] Simulation crashing

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:17:25 CEST 2005

Hi Bob,

Just try
trjconv -f initial.g96 -s initial.g96 -o initial.pdb -pbc inbox
and have a look at the structure with rasmol, pymol or any other *mol;
you'll see that you have severe overlaps, which will cause the system
to explode. You can't do something like this just by pasting in some
extra molecules!

What you should do is extend your box to create a vacuum layer, and
fill that with methanol. Don't forget to first do energy minimization.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk