[gmx-users] Decane

M.Naser mn2 at hw.ac.uk
Mon Aug 29 18:30:54 CEST 2005

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply. I was trying to get a decane box of 730kg/cm^3. I
started with dec50.gro file from the pakage. I took just one molecule from
the file and put the molecule in reletively bigger box that is 2 2 2 nm
using editconf to avoid bad contact. Then, using genbox I fill a box of 30
30 10 nm with the decane molecule. Then I run mdrun using pressure couple
to get the desired density. When I run with constraint after a few ps run,
it starts producing a lot of pdb files but when I run with no constrain it
woks perfectly well. By the way, I have  tried with both algorithm : SHAKE
and LINCS.

With regards,

Abu

> Hi,
>
> That's impossible to say without more information - please post the
> explicit error message!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Erik
>
> On Aug 29, 2005, at 5:40 PM, M.Naser wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been wondering why my simulation of decane crashing with all-
>> bond
>> constrain?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Abu