[gmx-users] RE: NEMD

Junfang.Zhang at csiro.au Junfang.Zhang at csiro.au
Fri Dec 2 01:52:29 CET 2005

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am going to be involved in two research projects, gas hydrates and
clay swelling, by using Gromacs.

As I am new user of Gromacs, I am wondering if you can give me some
advice on the following questions:

Non-equilibrium MD (NEMD) simulation of clay swelling:  two-half
negatively charged clay layer in the simulation box, which is fixed.
Water molecules and cations between the clay layers will flow. Can you
please let me know how to perform non-equilibrium MD simulation by using
Gromacs? Where to specify the parameters for NEMD?

As the external force will be introduced, the viscous heat should be
removed from the system. Since the clay layers are fixed, do I have to
thermostat the fluids between the walls?

Your suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Best wishes and thanks,

Jane