[gmx-users] Atom type of hydrogen bonded to aliphatic carbon

Hiromichi Tsurui tsurui at med.juntendo.ac.jp
Fri Dec 2 13:14:01 CET 2005

Dear Gromacs users;
I would like to calculate the effect of mutation by Thermodynamic
Integration. When editing topology file describing the mutation from Gly (A
state) to Ala (B state) for example, I must add to topology file a raw
containing both hydrogen bonded to alpha carbon of Gly (A state) and methyl
group(CH3) of Ala (B state). However, there is no atom type corresponding to
hydrogen attached to aliphatic carbon. What atom type should I use for such
hydrogen ?

Thank you.

Hiromichi

Hiromichi Tsurui MD, PhD