[gmx-users] grompp with cg does have problem!

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:18:34 CET 2005

Mark,

I've had this same problem anytime I try to use CG to minimize my
system, so I've always just used L-BFGS or "steep" instead (they work
fine). I'm not imposing any constraints (constraints= none), but it
still complains that I can't use CG with constraints, so I haven't the
foggiest idea what it's complaining about. I can provide mdp, topology
and .gro files to reproduce this if you'd like. I suspect that either
(a) the routines for CG consider something *else* a constraint (i.e.
aside LINCS constraints, etc.), in which case it's possible we have
that turned on without being aware of it,  or (b) there is a bug in
the setup for CG.

David