[gmx-users] Iodine in ligand

berka at natur.cuni.cz berka at natur.cuni.cz
Fri Dec 16 17:21:04 CET 2005

Hello GMXers,

I used PRODRG server for transforming pdb structure of 2-iodomelatonin
into .itp ang .gro, but I found that Iodine in molecule has no charge.
Which was strange.

I wodnered, what happened, so I changed my input and I put
2-chloromelatonin into the same procedure and I got partial charges on
chlorine.

Now I am about to use QM package for charge distribution, but I need to
know which method and bases I should use.

Ive heard, that Amber is built over MP2/6-31G** base, but how si it in
Gromos force field?

Nice day

Karel Berka