[gmx-users] mpich parallel system errors

Lubos Vrbka lubos.vrbka at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 14:34:30 CET 2005

hi,

>                 i substrated a 5 nodes job to a mpich cluster, but i found three of the nodes are not working.
> the system manager told me that there are no problems with the hardware. can it be any problem with my input files?
> the job ended at end with the two nodes, will the results from just two nodes worth trust?
i had similar problems recently. david told me that gromacs doesn't work
well with mpich and recommended using lam instead (try to search the
archives to see the relevant posts).
i couldn't run mdrun under mpich on more than 4 processors. if 5 were
used, only the last one was really working...

regards,

--
Lubos
_ at _"