[gmx-users] genion

Tamas Horvath hotafin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:26:12 CET 2005

I have a protein in water system. The protein has some charge, which I want
to neutralise, introducing stochastic ammount of K+ or Cl-. As far as I
figured out, the best way to do it is to use genion. Only I don't know
beforehand what the protein's charge would be, so I'm wondering if it's
possible to tell genion to neutralise the system?

2nd.: If genion puts some ions in the system, are the ions considered as a
2nd protein?

Hota