[gmx-users] Concentration

luigi.burgi at virgilio.it luigi.burgi at virgilio.it
Fri Dec 23 09:00:51 CET 2005

Dear Gromacs users,
i hope someone can help me out from a little
problem.
I have to build a system of a protein in water and a known
concentration of other molecules.
I tried to build and equilibrate a
small box of solvent at the right concentration, but when i solvate the
protein the ratio water/other molecules changes.
I think that this
happens because of the removal of molecules with close contacts with
the protein.
I could arrive at the wanted conc. by trial and error but
that would cost very much time. (many different molecules and different
concentrations)
Anyone can suggest me a way to overcome this problem.
Thank you,
Luigi Burgi

CCG Dept. CFE
Univ. of Milan