[gmx-users] using charmm force fields with gmx v3.3

Mu Yuguang (Dr) YGMu at ntu.edu.sg
Sat Dec 24 09:22:10 CET 2005

This charm 27 force field was used with gromacs 3.1 and 3.2 . I did not use it with gromacs 3.3.

I think maybe there are some differences between 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 in creating terminal groups.

Anyway as I suggested in the readme file that you can prepare the pdb file with original charm program including add hydrogen atoms, terminals, et.al. Then just use pdb2gmx to create top file with -ter switch answered by none.

Regards
Yuguang

Dr. Yuguang Mu
Division of Computational and Structrual Biology
School of Biological Sciences
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore 637820
Tel: 0065-63162885