[gmx-users] computing tilt of helix

Marc F. Lensink lensink at scmbb.ulb.ac.be
Wed Feb 2 11:19:48 CET 2005

hi milan,

> I have system composed from lipid membrane, peptide and water and I need to
> compute tilt between peptide and Z-axis (or its original position). Well,
> maybe the answer will be simple for You, but I cannot find it :(

i may just have the program you are looking for.  i've written it a
while ago, for analysis of interhelical angles in a protein
(J. Mol. Biol. 323 (2002), 99-113), and applied it again recently on a
system exactly like yours, ie., lipid, peptide and water
(Biophys. J. 88 (2005), 939-952).

the program is available, contact me off-list.

cheers,

Marc
--
Marc F. Lensink           http://www.biochem.oulu.fi/~lensink/
SCMBB, Université Libre de Bruxelles   lensink at scmbb.ulb.ac.be
Boulevard du Triomphe - CP 263, B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
tel: +32 2 650 5411  secr: +32 2 650 2013  fax: +32 2 650 5425