[gmx-users] dppc.itp and ffg43a

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Fri Feb 4 08:30:15 CET 2005

Chris Shaw wrote:

> Hi all,
> this really follows on from my prev email. The lipid top files on Peters web site are for the ffgmx forcefield, does anyone have these file with the correct force constants for the ffG43 forcefields. Or perhaps am i missing something and i can use the existing dppc.itp forcefield (ffgmx) whilst using ffG43 for my protein.

No, don't mix them. IIRC, there is an g43a flavour with enhanced lipid
parameters. You'd have to convert the lipid topologies to the right
parameters (atom types, bondeds types), but they may be available
somewhere already. (anyone?)

--
Groetjes,

Anton

* NOTE: New Phone & Fax numbers (below) *

| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 59 87608 - Fax: +31 20 59 87610           |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |