[gmx-users] Re: Re: unusually long run required

jaimin at iitb.ac.in jaimin at iitb.ac.in
Fri Feb 4 11:50:51 CET 2005

Dear Users,
I am stuck.
There is no md.log file generated in folder in which I carry out mdrun.
There are only em.log and pr.log files (I use the format of the example
given for Ribonuclease S peptide on the "getting started" page.)

A part of the em.log file has:
STEEPEST DESCENTS
   Tolerance = 2000
Grid: 16 x 18 x 18 cells

Testing x86 processor CPUID...

Testing x86 SSE capabilities...

Testing x86 3DNow capabilities...
CPU and OS support SSE.
Using Gromacs SSE assembly innerloops.

This suggests to me that the simulation does use SSE.
Similarly, in the pr.log file:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------Started
mdrun on node 0 Thu Feb 3 16:36:25 2005
Initial temperature: 299.701 K
Grid: 16 x 18 x 18 cells

Testing x86 processor CPUID...

Testing x86 SSE capabilities...

Testing x86 3DNow capabilities...
CPU and OS support SSE.
Using Gromacs SSE assembly innerloops.

So why should it then take so long?

I am ready to wait for a few days if that is required. However, when I
change the default settings to:
nsteps = 1250000 ; total 2500 ps.
nstxout = 250000

I do not get the trajectory moving and I see the following in the
terminal:
Reading file pr.tpr, VERSION 3.0.5 (single precision)
trn version: GMX_trn_file
Last frame -1 time 0.000
WARNING: Incomplete frame: nr 0 time 0
Opening library file /usr/local/share/gromacs/top/aminoacids.dat
Opening library file /usr/local/share/gromacs/top/export.dlg
Opening library file /usr/local/share/gromacs/top/bonds.dlg
Opening library file /tmp/fileRrDpgj
Reading file pr.tpr, VERSION 3.0.5 (single precision)
Reading file pr.tpr, VERSION 3.0.5 (single precision)
Last frame -1 time 0.000
WARNING: Incomplete frame: nr 0 time 0
Opening library file /usr/local/share/gromacs/top/vdwradii.dat