[gmx-users] ngmx not installed

Jason de Joannis jdejoan at emory.edu
Wed Feb 16 18:12:26 CET 2005

Hi, After compiling gromacs I realized ngmx is not installed.
I read up the list archives and tried it again with:

./configure --with-x
make |& tee make.log

The only reference to ngmx was this

Making all in ngmx
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/dejo/prog/software/gromacs-3.2.1/src/ngmx'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dejo/prog/software/gromacs-3.2.1/src/ngmx'

The executable src/ngmx/ngmx was never created. When I go into src/ngmx
and run "make" or "make all", it gives me "Nothing to be done..." again. When I
run "make ngmx" it gives a long list of warnings and errors. After looking
inside Makefile it is pretty clear why "Nothing to be done" comes up.
The variable bin_PROGRAMS is empty. However I was unable to fix it...

This same problem has occurred on two different PCs running Suse 9.1 and
Debian Sarge. It did not happen on other PCs with older linuxes. I am running
xfree86 4.3.0.

  /Jason

--
Jason de Joannis, Ph.D.