[gmx-users] Debugging

Kirill Titievsky kiroosha at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 23:28:41 CET 2005

Erik,
the program does not run -- it's not there if you call it with top.
When in the simulation it crashes depends on the time step, force
strengths, etc.    But, BUT, if I restart andy of the crashed
simulations the available trajectory information, the restart quits
nicely right away reporting NaN forces.  I use soft potentials that
make finite forces under all conditions, so it's either the way gmx
reads the force table or the way it applies boundary conditions (some
atoms in the restart *.gro file) are outside the box.

thanks

Kirill