[gmx-users] total time for MDsimulation

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Wed Feb 23 16:36:46 CET 2005

Hi

I am surely no expert at assuming the optimal time length of a MDrun,
but what I can say is, that
1. The position restrained run is for equilibrium of the water (or
better solvent molecules incl. ions) and in that case not able to be
included into the whole time scale evaluation
2. 1 ns (and it depends a bit on the system and your goals, I guess) is
the time one should use as minimum runtime.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310